Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thank you, God

Thank you, God ...
©2007 Celeste Billhartz

The blessing of showers ... that's what I am thankful for. I thank God, each time I am blessed with a hot shower, my favorite soap, shampoo, conditioner, fluffy towels, warm bathroom, comb, a barrette for my hair.

I thank God for clean clothing -- my favorite t-shirts, jeans, and the sox I love to wear with my favorite shoes.

Each day I haul my old frame into the tub, turn on the water and feel so blessed to have a hot shower I say, "Thank you, God ... thank you."

And, each time, I wonder who is blessing homeless old women with hot showers and shampoo, with soft towels and clean clothes?

I envision portable showers and donated soaps and shampoos and towels and clothing. Surely, some group or other does that for the homeless. I hope so, because there is some measure of peace and healing .. a blessing ... in showers.

If I were homeless, that's what I would appreciate most, I think -- a safe place to go for a hot shower and some clean clothes. They wouldn't have to match or be the right size; just some clean clothes ... and maybe, a barrette for my hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI there! I wanted to let you know Ive added you to my blog roll...am fairly new to the adoptee blogging thing (although I have been an adoptee all my life).

(*psst...Im a Republican too! And not decided on the position of adopting/not adopting. I think right now I just wish those who are adopting would REALLY look at what they are doing. I think the phrase "babies are not tabula rasa" pretty much sums it up. I just want them to know that the adoptee they bring into their families are not freaks.

Sharon
http://2btrueofvoice.wordpress.com/

Celeste said...

Hi Sharon ... my apology for not checking on posts ... and getting this up here before now!! Gads ... I am sorry.

Well, I confess I switched my party to vote for Hillary in the Ohio Primary. Now I am beside myself with confusion as to the vote coming up ...:)

Lordy, that's a whole post in itself! Thanks for your comment .... Best, Celeste
cbsongs@aol.com